Wednesday 24 December 2014

The Junior Company on Tour




Earlier this month I published a suite of interviews and articles about Ernst Meisner and his latest recruits to the Junior Company of the Dutch National Ballet (Meet Ernst Meisner and his talented young dancers 6 March 2014). These remarkably talented young dancers are about to go on tour (see the Junior Company's page on the Dutch National Ballet's website). Their first performance will be at the Stadsshouwburg in Amsterdam on the 6 Feb 2015.

I was there last year and it was one of the most memorable evenings I have spent in the theatre (see The Junior Company of the Dutch National Ballet - Stadsshouwburg Amsterdam 24 Nov 2013 25 Nov, 2013). The crowd was ecstatic especially when Hans van Manen took a bow after dancers from the Junior Company had performed his Quintet.

I will be in the audience at the Stadsshouwburg when the Junior Company launches its tour this year. Tickets for the show have been selling like hot cakes but there are still a few left if you hurry, The cheapest way to get to Holland is by easyJet from Southend Airport and the American Hotel is just across the road from the theatre, If you go through Booking.com you can get some pretty good deals.

If you miss that performance you can catch the Junior Company in one of the other cities of the Netherlands. According to Wikipedia the land area of the Netherlands is only 16,939 square miles of which 18.41% is water and there is excellent public transport so it is not difficult to reach these other theatres. Another option is to wait until they perform at the Linbury in the Spring. However, I have to say that for those of us who live some distance from London Amsterdam is much easier to reach and a lot less expensive than our own capital.

If you want to meet Ernst Meisner he is giving a talk to the London Ballet Circle in March. A date has not yet been fixed. I'll let you know as soon as I learn it myself.

Finally. as this is probably my last post before Christmas I should like to wish all my readers around the world a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment