Author J M Briscoe
Creative Commons Licence
The very first article for this blog is a review of Ballet West's production of The Nutcracker in Pitlochry (see Ballet West's "The Nutcracker" 25 Feb 2015). Ballet West is the performing company of a ballet school in Taynuilt in the West of Scotland which seems to offer exceptional professional training. Recent alumni include Sarah Mortimer of Ballet Theatre UK, Natasha Watson, the only British finalist in the Prix de Lausanne and a Genée medallist (see Yet More Good News from Ballet West - Natasha Watson's Medal in the Genée 30 Sept 2013 and Natasha Watson in Lausanne 15 Nov 2014) and Isaac Bowry who danced Drosselmeyer in the 2013 production. I have seen two other performances by Ballet West - Swan Lake in Pitlochry (see Swan Loch - Ballet West's Swan Lake, Pitlochry 1 March 2014 3 March 2014) and Romeo and Juliet in Stirling (see Ballet West's Romeo and Juliet 1 Feb 2015) - and they have also been good.
Ballet West is about to dance The Nutcracker again and has just announced its 2016 tour:
- 22-23 Jan Corran Halls, Oban
- 29 Jan Paisley Town Hall
- 30 Jan Tower Digital Arts Centre, Helensburgh
- 4 Feb Howden Park Centre, Livingstone
- 5 - 6 Feb Marcrobert, Stirling
- 11 Feb Eden Court Theatre, Inverness
- 13 Feb Scottish Exhibition and Conference Centre, Glasgow
- 14 Feb Beacon Arts Centre, Greenock
- 20 Feb Edinburgh International Conference Centre.