Saturday 25 June 2016

Hindle at the Hague

I have had a lot of good teachers since I took up ballet three years ago and I am grateful to them all but I really must say a special word about Mark Hundle. 

Mark teaches at KNT in Manchester. Although I have taken only a few of his classes  I have learned a lot from him.  Mark has pretty high standards and an eye for detail.  As I said when I introduced him to Ballet Black's Senior Artist Damien Johnson last Sunday, he corrects me mercilessly. Damien thought that was a good thing and he is right. I now make a point of holding my arms properly in second and not poking my left elbow upwards when doing a forward port de bras.

Yesterday Karen Sant posted the following on her Facebook page:

I'm FINALLY allowed to share this AMAZING, WONDERFUL news.... Mark Hindle has got into THE LION KING!!!!! ARGH SO PROUD  Well done Mark

Like
Comment
I'm proud of him too.

Mark will perform at the Fortis Circustheater at The Hague from the 23 Oct 2016.  I have already see him in two performances: a pas de deux with Karen which included an awkward fish dive (see It could easily have gone pear shaped ...... but instead it was a howling success 19 June 2016) and in Dick Whittington in Liverpool on Boxing Day (see A Liverpudlian Whittington 27 Dec 2015).

I am sure all my readers will join me in wishing him well.

No comments:

Post a Comment