Saturday 21 July 2018

Now you can see for yourself why Scottish Ballet is very, very special


Standard YouTube Licence

Scottish Ballet has performed recently in the USA, Russia and East Asia.  It has also performed just as enthusiastically in Oban and Stornoway bringing not just a full cast but also complete sets and costumes.  More importantly it brought its education and outreach team.  And most importantly of all it brought its artistic director Christopher Hampson who patiently fielded questions from the audience after the show.

I was at the Arlantis Centre in  Oban on 29 April when it danced Sir Matthew Bourne's Highland Fling and it was one of the most memorable nights that I have ever spent in the theatre.  I was also at the pre-performance talk by the education officer who said that outreach was at least as important as performance.   In my review, Scottish Ballet's "Highland Fling" in Gurn and Effie Land 2 May 2018 I wrote:
"A company that thinks like that is very, very special."
Watch the film and see you yourselves what I mean. 

No comments:

Post a Comment