Thursday 28 February 2013

Scottish Country Dancing: St Andrews plans the world's largest strip the willow












I know that Scottish country dancing is not ballet (though Ballet West's Nutcracker  had more than a trace of it last Saturday) but I do have to report this little bit of frivolity from my British alma mater.   Many thanks to Legal Golden Eagle for drawing it to my attention..

St Andrews plans to break a record currently held by Edinburgh to hold the largest "Strip the Willow".   There's a good article about it in today's Dundee Courier.

If you have no idea of what I am talking about here's how to "Strip the Willow."



Incidentally, you don't have to drive all the way to Scotland to strip the willow.   There are plenty of places to do it in the rest of the UK.   For instance, we are having a ceilidh in Holmfirth Civic Hall on 2 March 2013 at 19:30.   I have even stripped the willow and dashed the white sergeant in the Inns of Court on Burns Night before now. Check out the Royal Scottish Country Dance Society website.

No comments:

Post a Comment