Wednesday 29 October 2014

Gina Moffatt






It is not every day that I can incorporate a business story into my ballet blog but I think I am justified in doing so today because Gina Moffatt who owns and runs the Blooming Scent Cafe in the Bernie Grant Arts Centre has just  been named Entrepreneur of the Year at this year's Precious Awards according to today's Business Matters.

What's that got to do with ballet? Well it was at the Bernie Grant Arts Centre that I first saw Ballet Black (see Why Ballet Black is Special 20 May 2013). Although I had come to London to see Sarah Kundi I had the good fortune of meeting Gina who is also a star.  She provided the refreshments before the show and in the two intervals. I wish Gina and all the other business owners in the Bernie Grant Centre every success in the future. I look forward to my next visit to the Centre which is likely to be another show by Ballet Black.

While on the subject of Ballet Black I should say that they have recently celebrated the 14th anniversary of their formation with a wonderful retrospective display of photos on their Facebook page. The company is performing at the Stanley and Audrey Theatre in Leeds on 6 and 7 Nov (where I also danced) and I'm giving up an all expenses paid jaunt to Paris to see them which shows how good they are. They have also announced their new programme for their new season with new commissions which opens at the Linbury on the 10 Feb 2015.

I'm slowly building up a resource page on Ballet Black at Extra Special - Ballet Black at the Linbury 26 Feb 2014 27 Feb 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment