Tuesday 3 May 2016

The Hungarian National Ballet's Sleeping Beauty: Aurora's Wedding

Aurora's Wedding
Photo: Attila Nagy
(c) 2016 Hungarian National Ballet: all rights reserved
Reproduced with kind permission of the company





















On the 17 April 2016 I attended the première of the Hungarian National Ballet's production of The Sleeping Beauty  at the State Opera House in Budapest which I reviewed in Sir Peter Wright's The Sleeping Beauty in Budapest 23 April 2016.

I have just received from Mr György Jávorszky, International Communications Project Manager of the Hungarian State Opera, ten beautiful photographs of the ballet which were taken by Mr Attila Nagy with permission to reproduce them in my blog. Over the next few days I shall show them all.

I start with the final scene of Aurora's wedding. If you look closely you will see tiny fragments of gold tinsel falling onto the stage.  I picked up one of those bits of tinsel and brought it back to England as a reminder of that delightful performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment