Standard YouTube Licence
I was at St Andrews when Western Theatre Ballet moved to Glasgow and right from the start it engaged with its public in a way that no other British company had ever done before. It visited all sorts of venues including our Buchanan Theatre the day this country adopted decimal currency. Scottish Ballet was the first company that I got to know and love and you know what they say about first loves. As you can see from the film the tradition of engaging with the community continues.
The other way in which Scottish Ballet engages with its public is through its classes. In its newsletter today it announced particulars of its adult ballet classes:
- In my age group there is Regenerate on Thursdays and Sundays;
- A 10 week class Absolute Beginners on Wednesdays between August and October;
- A 10 week class for Beginners on Thursdays between August and October;
- An Intermediate class on Mondays;
- An Advanced class on Tuesdays; and
- Open ballet classes on Tuesdays over the Summer.
Classes take place at the company's premises at The Tramway on Albert Drive next to Pollockshields East station.