Saturday 28 March 2015

More Ballet in Essex

Photo Jane Lambert
All rights reserves




















Sheila Beelam who keeps the wonderful Just Ballet shop in Thorpe Bay just outside Southend has just posted the following announcement on Facebook:
"We have just managed to book in a photo shoot for next Wednesday 1st April 10.30am - 1.30 pm at the Palace Theatre in Southend. We are looking for the following to help model our beautiful collection of leotards:
  • 3 x adult dancers (UK 6-8, UK 8-10 & UK 10-12) 
  • 3 x 8 - 11 year old dancers 
  • 1 x 4 - 5 year old dancer 
Each dancer will receive a Just Ballet gift voucher, goody bag and a complimentary image from their photo shoot.:-)
Casting closes this Sunday 29th March at 10 pm".
I visited Sheila in her shop last month on the way back from Amsterdam and was very impressed.It was just like Aladdin's cave and she was running a recording of Giselle on her monitor. I had previously bought two leotards from her (she stocks all sizes even for hippos like me) and I bought another really pretty one for me plus something for a friend in Sheffield.

The shop is just round the corner from the sea front and you can park outside. There are no restrictions.

If I were an Essex girl I would love to take part in this shoot. As I have written quite a lot about ballet in Chelmsford and Harlow this week I thought that some of them might like to apply to take part.

No comments:

Post a Comment