Tuesday 10 June 2014

Bye Bye and All the Best


This Saturday evening I shall be at the Albert Hall to see English National Ballet's Romeo and Juliet in the Round. I would be there anyway to see the company and this production and, of course, the wonderful Alina Cojocaru and Friedemann Vogel. But there is someone else I want to see and that is Sarah Kundi.

Readers of this blog know that I am a Kundi fan. She started her career at Northern Ballet and I have followed her from there to Ballet Black and then on to MurleyDance. A journey that introduced me to new companies, new dancers and new choreographers who are now among my favourites. Kundi is on the move again this time to Victor Ullate in Spain.

That is, of course, great news and I wish her well but it does mean that it will be difficult for her British fans to see her. She brings a particular quality to the dance which is demonstrated so well in Depouillage. I watch this clip a lot whenever I need an emotional boost. However, there is one last chance to see her in England before she sets off for Madrid and that is in the Albert Hall this Saturday. 

On Saturday I shall be cheering and clapping the company, its principals, its artistic director, its choreographer, the company but also Sarah Kundi whose career I shall continue to follow with interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment